Year End Appeal 2012
Continue the positive growth of the Walkway and surrounding regions. In three short years, the Walkway has become a powerful symbol of community in the Hudson Valley:
A strong Walkway community brings economic benefits to everyone in the Hudson Valley. Nearly half of the Walkway's 500,000 annual visitors come from outside the region and generate more than $24 million in new economic impact each year in Dutchess and Ulster Counties. Help Walkway complete these important projects:
- A 21-story Waterfront Elevator
- Hudson Riverfront Revitalization Initiatives
- Improving the Park's Entrances
- Connecting 12 contiguous miles of safe and scenic hiking and biking trails
Help fulfill the promise of the Walkway. That promise is simple — to create a world class destination park that unites Hudson Valley communities and offers an awe-inspiring experience for our guests. Needed improvements include:
- A Welcome Center for Park visitors
- Running water and Restrooms
- Museum to chronicle the Poughkeepsie-Highland Railroad Bridge Era
- Programs that provide fun and educational experiences that reach deep into our community.
With your support the Walkway can continue to spur economic growth and create community.