- This event has passed.
2018 Discover the Hudson Valley Ride
June 24 @ 7:30 am - 1:00 pm
Centered around the Walkway Over the Hudson, the world’s longest footbridge, this ride is all about discovery. For some, that means taking it easy on one of the shorter routes and simply enjoying the gorgeous scenery of Ulster and Dutchess counties. For others, it means discovering what you’re capable of—with more than 5,900 feet of climbing, the 100-mile route is a century worth bragging about.
Registration includes a BBQ lunch, a complimentary beer from New Belgium Brewing, free ice cream, a finisher medal and a T-shirt—and for the first time this year, riders can register for the event and become a Bike New York member at the same time! You get $5 off membership, a raffle entry for an all-expenses-paid bike tour for two to Croatia, early access to 2019 TD Five Boro Bike Tour registration, a 15% discount on Bike New York’s upcoming Twin Lights Ride (9/30), a member T-shirt, bike shop and partner discounts, invitations to members-only social rides and activities, and much more! Learn more here.
- Rain or shine
- This event takes place on streets open to traffic.
- Helmets are required on all Bike New York rides.
- New York State law requires that all cyclists have and use a bike bell.
- Bags are allowed, but there is no bag check.
- Proceeds from all Bike New York events fund our free bike education programs. Learn more.
- Current Metro-North policy limits the number of bikes allowed on each train; riders planning on traveling via Metro-North who are interested in a paid bike shuttle should indicate interest in this option during registration.
Location: Races begin at Waryas Park in Poughkeepsie, New York but will be traveling across the Walkway Over the Hudson
Event Organizer: Bike New York