Walkway Offers Spectacular View of City Fireworks
POUGHKEEPSIE -The nonprofit group Walkway Over the Hudson is once again selling a limited number of wristbands to people wanting to get the best view of the City of Poughkeepsie's July 4th Fireworks Spectacular.
Those wishing to watch the annual fireworks extravaganza on Monday, July 4th from high atop the Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park must purchase a wristband from one of the participating outlets (please see list below). Wristbands cost $10 each, must be purchased in advance and are required of anyone over 5 years old.
"This will be a special opportunity for families, residents and visitors to view the City of Poughkeepsie fireworks display up close and personal, while benefitting the Walkway Over the Hudson," said Walkway Executive Director Elizabeth Waldstein-Hart. "For a great view of the Fireworks, come on up to the Walkway. Thanks again to both the City of Poughkeepsie and Town of Highland for the fine job they do orchestrating this popular event and seeing to public security."
On Monday, July 4th the Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park will close to the public at 5:30 p.m. and then re-open at 6:30 p.m. for those possessing valid wristbands. The fireworks display is expected to begin after 9:00 p.m. If the event is postponed due to inclement weather, it will be re-scheduled for Tuesday, July 5. Tune into Hudson Valley radio stations for weather and event updates. (Please note: There will be no refunds offered to wristband holders.) Bathrooms and vendors will be available on the approaches on either end of the bridge.
Due to the nature of the 4th of July event, all ticket holders are asked to adhere to these special event regulations:
- No dogs, bicycles, rollerblades or scooters allowed on the Walkway
- No coolers, alcohol or smoking permitted
- Visitors are advised to car pool and to bring a flashlight
There will not be shuttle bus service for the July 4th fireworks event, so those with valid wristbands are encouraged to car pool and to park at various City of Poughkeepsie or Town of Highland municipal lots or approved on street parking spaces and allow ample time to get to the Walkway in time for the fireworks. Ticket holders may access the Walkway from either the East or West entrances. Walkway Ambassadors and volunteers will assist visitors at event. We are unable to provide rides for guests, please be prepared to walk at least a half mile for this event.
Wristbands will be sold at these locations:
City of Poughkeepsie:
1. Cafe Bocca -14 Mt. Carmel Place, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
2. Lola's Restaurant -131 Washington Street, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
3. River Station - 1 North Water Street, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
4. Coppola's Hyde Park - Route 9, 4167 Albany Post Road, Hyde Park, NY 12538
5. Shadows on the Hudson- 176 Rinaldi Boulevard, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Town of Lloyd:
1. Gateway Diner-379 US Route 9W, Highland, NY 12528
2. Mariner's on the Hudson-46 River Road, Highland, NY 12528
3. Vigneto's Cafe -80 Vineyard Avenue, Highland, NY 12528