Hours & Amenities
7:00am - Sunset
CLOSED starting Jan. 1
It will reopen in the spring
East Side - Poughkeepsie
Ice Bros Frozen Treats
Charlie's Hot Dogs
West Side - Highland
Ma & Pa Kettle Corn
Sal's All Natural Icys
- Weather closings: If inclement weather makes the Walkway unsafe for visitors, NYS Parks staff may close the Park and the Elevator until conditions improve. If the Park is closed, the Elevator is also closed. Significant weather-related closings are announced on the bridge and via Facebook and Twitter. Thank you in advance for cooperating with Park staff when they ask you to leave the bridge.
- Restrooms: There are restrooms and portable toilets near the parking lots at each entrance.
- Safety during Welcome Center construction: While our new Welcome Centers are under construction, lanes are compressed. Cyclists must stop, dismount and walk their bikes through the construction zone to keep the Walkway safe for all visitors.
- Pets on the Walkway: Your pet must be on a leash. Please take a complimentary waste bag, available at each entrance, to pick up and dispose of your pet's waste. Touch the pavement with your hand before bringing your pet on the Walkway. If it is too hot for you, it is too hot for your pet!
- Smoking Policy: Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park is a non-smoking park.
- Other Park questions: To book an event on the Walkway and for all other questions about Park hours, closings or events, call the NYS Parks office at 845-834-2867.