Celebrate Independence Day on the Walkway!
On July 4, Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park is the best place to watch fireworks in the Hudson Valley!
The Walkway will be open to ticket holders only to view the City of Poughkeepsie's 4th of July fireworks display on Thursday, July 4, 2019. In the event of inclement weather, the fireworks will launch on Friday, July 5.
PLEASE NOTE: On July 4, the Walkway will begin closing procedures at 4 p.m. for event setup and safety preparations. The bridge will reopen to those with valid wristbands beginning at 7 p.m. and remain open until one hour following the conclusion of the event. The City of Poughkeepsie fireworks are scheduled to launch between 9-9:30 p.m.
Don't wait! This event sells out every year. Purchase your tickets today.
During the event...
- Food and beverage concessions will be available.
- Seating may be set up on the south side of the Walkway in designated viewing sections only.
- Please bring a flashlight to assist with exiting the event.
- Bathrooms are located on the approaches to the Walkway on both sides of the Park and inside the gates.
- Please setup any photographic tripods away from congested areas.
The Friends of the Walkway, a nonprofit organization, are a proud lead sponsor of the City of Poughkeepsie's fireworks display, along with other local businesses. No refunds will be issued. Proceeds from ticket sales help fund fireworks, emergency services, and Walkway programs.
Inclement weather postponement will be announced on local radio stations, on walkway.org, and on the Walkway Over the Hudson Facebook page.
EAST SIDE (Dutchess County): People are encouraged to carpool and to park at various City of Poughkeepsie locations, or approved on-street parking spaces, and allow ample time to get to the Walkway in time for the fireworks. Parking is free in municipal parking lots beginning at 5 p.m. and in metered spaces after 6 p.m.
WEST SIDE (Ulster County): Parking will be available at the Hudson Valley Rail Trail parking lot located on Haviland Road in Highland and along the south side of Haviland Road. Town of Lloyd Police Department will close Haviland Road when full.
We ask for your cooperation when leaving the event. Remember we are a carry in/carry out park, please deposit trash in the appropriate containers or bring it with you. There will be many congested areas due to the volume of cars.
SPECIAL EVENT REGULATIONS:
- Guests must have a wristband to enter the event or proof of ticket purchase
- NO PETS—this event is not pet-friendly, as fireworks may frighten the animals
- NO BIKES, SKATES, SKATEBOARDS, OR HOVERBOARDS
- NO FIREWORKS, GLASS, OR FIREARMS
- Walkway State Historic Park is a smoke and alcohol free New York State Park
- There will be NO ELEVATOR ACCESS
- All bags and coolers will be subject to inspection; prohibited items must be removed by owner
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- City of Poughkeepsie
- Town of Lloyd
- NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation
- NYS Park Police and local law enforcement
- NYS Bridge Authority
- MobileLife Support Services
- iHeart Media of the Hudson Valley
- Walkway Over the Hudson staff and volunteers