FEATURED WALKWAY EVENT
Latest News & Updates
"A new race highlighting the City of Poughkeepie and new initiatives to boost local business involvement are among the changes for this year's Walkway Marathon event in June.
The annual event, which features four races over two days, has drawn thousands of runners eager to traverse the Walkway Over the Hudson each year since beginning in 2015."
Volunteer Pavilion Assistant – Part-time hourly position, 20 hours per week, including Friday afternoon, Saturday, and Sunday. Position needed April – November 2017.
Walkway Over the Hudson nonprofit organization is seeking a Volunteer Pavilion Assistant to support the Finance Manager. S/he will help manage retail operations at Walkway volunteer structures (pavilions) on both the Poughkeepsie and Highland sides of the bridge as well as the Upper Landing Park waterfront elevator entrance.
Retail and Concessions Operations
- Assist with Walkway pavilion merchandise operations, including replenishing stock from storage and overseeing display and presentation of merchandise.
- Communicate merchandise feedback from volunteers, visitors, and customers to the Finance Manager.
- Act as a liaison between Walkway food vendors and Finance Manager.
Volunteer and Visitor Support
- Support volunteers at East and West Pavilions and Upper Landing Park.
- Maintain pavilion stock of Walkway brochures and other Hudson Valley information.
- Support Walkway Staff in preparing for and executing events such as Moonwalks, Lecture Series, Movie Nights, Discover Hudson Valley Bike Ride, Jazz in the Valley, scheduled community walks, and others as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director and/or the Finance Manager.
Social Media Coordinator – Part-time hourly position. This is a three month, temporary position beginning immediately with possibilities for longer term employment. Some weekend and evening work is required. Position needed through mid-June.
Walkway Over the Hudson nonprofit organization is seeking a Social Media Coordinator to manage emails and social media for Walkway. A commitment to the Walkway, a sense of fun, and good writing and communication skills are important to this position, as is a strong knowledge of social media.
The person in this position will:
- Write and edit appropriate posts for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Assist with press, social media, and outreach for Walkway events, such as Moonwalks, Marathon, Move Nights, and 4th of July.
- Monitor and update website news and events.
- Monitor questions and posts via social media, find appropriate answers, and have a common sense approach to when posts or questions need to be flagged and addressed.
- Have knowledge of Mail Chimp or other email management systems.
- Have working knowledge of Adobe Suite for in-house graphics as necessary.
- Have strong writing and proofing skills.
Walkway is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for either position should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.