May 13 cancelled due to inclement weather.
WALKWAY STATE PARK—Due to inclement weather forecasted for this weekend, the Make Her Day art event at Walkway State Park has been cancelled for Saturday, May 13th and rescheduled for Saturday, May 27th from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Walkway Over the Hudson nonprofit organization and the Hudson Valley Art Market (HVArtMarket) present “Make Her Day”—a celebratory collection of highly curated artists and artisans, musings and musicians, sippings and samplings in addition to multi-generational Make-Your-Own gifts.
“We hope you’ll join us for this one of a kind, first ever event at the spectacular Walkway Over the Hudson State Park,” said Walkway Executive Director Elizabeth Waldstein-Hart. “Come and enjoy some of the Hudson Valley’s finest artists and artisans, and find great gifts while enjoying food, music and more.”
The event, which will offer an array of musical, artistic, craft and culinary choices—will be held at the Walkway State Park’s eastern entrance at 61 Parker Avenue, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601. In case of inclement weather the event will held on Sunday, May 28h at the same location.
Some art vendors include:
- Alexa Ginsburg: A felter who creates little finger puppet animals.
- Alison of InnerSasa: Hand painted peace-symbol rocks.
- Sarah Omura of SO Handmade: Vibrant, fun and whimsical handmade products.
- Nestor: Creating beautiful charcoal portaits for your mom in the magic of 20 minutes.
- Grok Bits: Gourmet raw fruit and nut bites without added sugars or anything artificial are the perfect snack for boosting energy.
- Lynne's Sweet Treats: Delicious cupcakes that look like roses.
- Unshattered: Handbags and other textile products out of repurposed items and other high-quality, donated materials, created by women in recovery participating this social enterprise partner of the Walter Hoving Home (WHH).