Mobile Audio Tour
- 35 miles south of Poughkeepsie/Highland
- Liberty and Washington Streets, Newburgh, NY 12551, 845-562-1195 www.palisadesparksconservancy.org
- General Washington commanded the Continental Army from the Hasbrouck family's home in Newburgh, from April 1782 to August 1783, his longest stay at any location during the revolution
- Washington oversaw the troops, met a steady stream of officers and guests, negotiated with congress, and rejected the suggestion of an American monarchy
- The Hasbrouck house, acquired and opened by New York State in 1850, is notable as the first publically owned historic site in the country
- Tour the restored headquarters and learn about General Washington as he brought the war to a close
- Visit the adjacent museum and see the new exhibits and interactive displays that highlight the site's diverse collections acquired during the past 160 years!